-=PCTechTalk=- Re: EnditAll

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:53:50 +0100

On 19 Jun 2005 at 22:18, Joyce wrote:
> Mine
> is the free version and someone on the list sent it to me several
> years ago after I expressed fear of the newest one that had just come
> out at that time.  It was probably o.k too but I am not very brave
> about trying new stuff.

Joyce/Glo,

EndItAll does not do _anything_ which cannot be fixed by restarting
your computer. It deals with programs in MEMORY - not on your hard
disc, so nothing will be permanently altered. Rebooting will load up
everything which EndItAll closed.

The program attempts to close all programs and processes currently
running in the background; that's all.
(The language used is not very encouraging, admittedly, since you
have the scary option of "killing" programs, but that merely means
that EndItAll will attempt to close down that program several times,
until it succeeds or fails.)

It has a good understanding of exactly which processes Windows needs
to run at a basic level.

However, if you wish to, say, go online after you've closed
everything with EndItAll, you WILL need to reboot, so that things
like your firewall and antivirus programs can be loaded up again.

If you find that it has closed a program which you would like to keep
running all the time, you can customise EndItAll by telling it which
items NOT to close.

EndItAll is mainly used by gamers, who want to free up as much memory
as they can before starting their intensive, memory-hungry game.

Faustus