-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Dire Computer Problems ~ hard drives

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 19:33:58 -0700

Hi Rocky,
check www.tigerdirect.com
I like Maxtor they come in 1 year and 3 year warranty.

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 6/8/2005 at 9:05 PM dor wrote:

Hi All Rocky Again,
Hard Drive checked out in good shape, C Drive is Formatted and ready to go.
Ram is checked with MemTest 86 and is fine. we have decided that the
install disk is bad. have a new Win XP Pro disk that will arrive Thursday.
Son has offered to buy me a new External hard drive. Any recommendations on
a good 120 Gig HD for USB 2.0. I have looked and don't think I have a port
for FireWire. Do any of the manufacturers have more than a one year
warranty? Any advise appreciated.
Rocky de Dragon