-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Blocking offensive you tubes/question

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 18:14:13 -0400

Lois,
    Some security utilities have the option to block pages on a site by site
basis, but I suspect that would be a lot more work than you would care to
exert.  If there is a commonality between all of the sites, you might want
to look into blocking sites by keywords, but that could still be a rather
daunting task that would most likely end up blocking some sites that do not
really fit your intention.  ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite has a feature
that allows you to block sites by genre under the heading of Parenting
Controls.  There are a lot of categories listed, but I never experimented
with them to see how well they worked.  Of course, such controls would not
be specific to YouTube as they would be applied to the entire internet.
Still, they rely on ratings and YouTube may not even use them.  I realize
that I'm rambling here, but it just goes to show you the complexity of what
you're asking.         lol

    Perhaps I should have just said, Can you be more specific about what
you're looking to block?            ;0}

Peace,
Gman