[pchelpers] Re: enjoysearch BHO

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <Ekhart.GEORGI@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:17:40 +0300

Hi Eric

Don't let yourself be intimidated by the long list of info i sent. All
you probably need to do is the first thing i said, download and run the
newest CWShredder version. I had an outdated link though; here's the
correct direct download link:
www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe
(It's on www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html)

Also note:
After cleaning a CWS infection always check your 'Favorites' folder for
added porn links***
(info on www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=28658)

Don't read more unless this didn't work otherwise you'll keep postponing
cleaning up your machine and we'll all keep sending you info to drive
you crazy and make this the longest thread ever... (-:

Ek

PS: Only in case that doesn't work, do you need to do a bit of work,
i.e. scan with Hijack This and follow these safe directions (which also
say that HijackThis should be unnecessary and CWShredder should be
enough if you get the newest version):

www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=162441&postcount=5

By the way, this cryptic line:
The jushed32.exe does show in running processes and once you have
stopped it running and deleted it then the O4 appears so it can also be
fixed
means this:
After running HijackThis and deleting the stuff listed, press
Ctrl+Alt+Del and stop jushed32.exe. Then search for (Windows button + F)
it and delete it. Then rerun HijackThis and delete the entries listed
under 04 that didn't show up the first time.

(More info: www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=28658)