[pchelpers] Re: enjoysearch BHO

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <Ekhart.GEORGI@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:21:38 +0300

Hi Eric

www.spywareinfo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32381#
says:
First get CWShredder to remove enjoysearch.
Be sure to close all browser windows before hitting the "Fix" button.
www.merijn.org/files/CWShredder.exe

Then rescan with Hijack This and post a new log please.

Since i just noticed that both merijn.org and Spybot's forum
http://forums.net-integration.net are down, it might be a concerted
attack by the makers of aggressive malware programs targeted by
CWShredder, HijackThis, and Spybot.

This page was however working just now:
www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

and it lists some other addresses that should always work:
  If you are unable to download any of the files here and are redirected
to a porn page, search page or just denied access to the file, try these
alternate links that should always work:

HijackThis direct download:
http://209.133.47.12/~merijn/files/HijackThis.exe

CWShredder direct download:
http://209.133.47.12/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

The redirection is probably because of a Coolwebsearch variant
(CWS.Aff.Tooncomics or CWS.Dreplace) that intercepts your download to
prevent downloading my programs.
(end of quote)

If all else fails, i just downloaded CWShredder yesterday and can send
it to you privately if necessary. Please let me know.

I think i'll be downloading the newest version regularly from now on so
that i can always help people out in case the download sites are down
due to attacks. -- This is really beginning to look like a civil war,
and the government and the FBI are twiddling their thumbs and passing
laws that allow instead of outlaw spam and other indecent, harrassing,
and malicious stuff.

Ekhart