[pchelpers] Re: can't go online

  • From: Ellen M <ejmay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:21:15 -0700 (PDT)

Before I uninstalled, it seemed to connect once, briefly.  Rapidly it
disconnected. they also thought it could be the fact they changed from credit
card payments to debit card. But MSN couldn't connect either. and the set-up
stage couldn't even fetch local phone #s. I'll have to check the dialler
settings. I imagine it's all reset to default status....

Thanks!
Ellen M
John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If the modem works, and that's not certain from the results you have so
far, the next step is dialing out (to the ISP). Does the modem dial?
Does the system log in after dialling? If either of these aren't
happening, or if the number dialled is wrong, then things won't get any
further until they are put right. Have you checked the network settings
to see which protocols are assigned to the dial up adaptor? It should
only be TCP/IP and nothing else.