[pchelpers] can't go online

  • From: Ellen M <ejmay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:11:07 -0700 (PDT)

I have a friend who asked me to look at his computer because he can't go
online. his ISP is AOL {arrrrrrgh!} & it kept coming back with a Can't connect
error message. When I tried to sign in as a guest with MSN, we had the same
problem. I removed & re-installed AOL, all to no avail. it couldn't even fetch
access numbers. I followed AOL's suggestions of restarting the box. AOL's
auto-correct feature was useless as well. I checked the cables & queried the
modem. The modem report showed a command (I think it was AT#) unknown. sorry I
know no more. I told him to call AOL; there was an 800# with the error message.
Another friend was spelunking in his box & may have removed vital components.
It appears that the other programs are OK.

Cheers,
Ellen M.