[pchelpers] keyboard is a running.

  • From: PcCowboy <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelper <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:25:32 -0500

I got his computer purring like a kitten.

As a recap.
I got to his computer and this is what i found. The browser window would
open
and that was it. You couldn't type anything in it., you couldn't change
the the address
in the address bar, and you couldn't close it. But you could open a
second browser
window and everything would work in it.

So the first thing i did was to run Spybot. It found 10 objects, mostly
tracking cookies,
and one file called "Clientman"

Then I updated AVG ( It was a Month out of date ) and did a scan. During
the update something
was fighting me, cause I had to update three times because of a
corrupted download. I found:

Dropper.Small.4.BM
Downloader.Small.6.BN
Downloader.Siboco.B

Then I downloaded Adaware and did a scan. I found
213 objects
102 was "ClientMan" files and Reg keys.  ( Why did Spybot only find one
file?)

She is now a running better than before. ( Why is it when we have
trouble with something
we call it a she? )

Couldn't find any info on the Trojans that avg found. May be new ones.
Third computer that
I worked on this week that was infected, all because AVG wasn't updated.

Pc