[pchelpers] Re: Scam

  • From: "s m d" <indigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:09:46 -0700

No account info was given to them... but we had to give our name, address,
telephone number when we signed up with them.  They also claim to be logging
everyone's IP address when they signed up with them, which may or may not be
true.  They want $45 dollars, plus interest for every month we do not pay,
which by now is up to $55.  They say they need that interest fee to help pay
for lawyers fees, court fees, so they can go after people like us who don't
pay.  :-)

It has no bearing on our website or theirs.  It's just supposed to be a
"friendly" link exchange and that's all.  It's just the intimidation factor
that's making life with them unbearable right now.  What do they call this?
Extortion?  It's almost that anyway.  In the meantime I will keep the emails
they send... they may come in handy later, including possibly tracing their
origin.

Any suggestions on where I could report this, if it comes to that?

-Susan