[pandaro] Clock

  • From: "Chris Bell (Lists)" <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pandaro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 20:57:27 +0100

Chris Evans (CJE/4D) <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chris Bell (Lists) <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > NetTime works for ARMiniX users,

> and most PandaRO users! Not a lot of comfort when you are the one
> person with a problem.

But thanks nonetheless - that's exactly what I needed to know!

> I'm 99% sure it is something in your boot or to do with with your
> satelitte connection.

Well, partial success...  I got it working by installing a clean
!Boot.Choices.Boot, but the more I put back the flakier it became.
There's no particular file that can be removed to fix the problem.

But I discovered a few things along the way...  NetTime stops looking
for a connection after 3s and reports 'No connection'.  Or, if it does
connect, it expects a response within the next 7s or reports 'Busy'.

Now I may be wrong, but these intervals may be too short for a
satellite internet connection.  Does anyone know how they might be
increased?  And, while we're about it, what does the 'NetTime$Loaded'
parameter do?

(Maybe I should ask these questions on the ROOL Forum.)

> Tracking down problems within $.!Boot can take forever.

Agreed!

Chris Bell.