[pandaro] Re: Clock

  • From: "Chris Bell (Lists)" <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pandaro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 01:21:14 +0100

Chris Evans (CJE/4D) <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chris Bell (Lists) wrote:

re: Configure > Time+date > Set from network...

> > The 'Pick a server' tick is greyed-out here, so I can't untick it.

> I can't replicate that.

It was caused by an extra line in !Boot.Choices.Internet.User:

  Set Inet$NTPserver uk.pool.ntp.org

That must have been a leftover from my Iyonix days.  So, to be on the
safe side, I've now re-setup my Network using virgin copies of
!Internet and !InetSetup.

Anyway, back to time setting and, no, it still doesn't work!  My setup
seems up-to-date:

     RO 5.21 (21-Apr-14)
     NetTime 0.43 (29 Nov 2013)

and I've tried 'Pick a server automatically', 'uk.pool.ntp.org' and
several other servers.

Just a thought.  Our satellite internet connection has a 2 to 3 second
delay for every request that gets sent.  Could it be that NetTime is
timing out before the server has time to repond?

Chris Bell.