[pandaro] Re: Clock

  • From: "Chris Bell (Lists)" <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pandaro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 12:16:30 +0100

Chris Evans (CJE/4D) <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why not use the Battery Backed RTC? (Tick 'Manual') If it tries and
> fails to reach a timeserver it should use the BatteryBacked RTC.

My PandaRO must use the battery-backed clock, since it keeps time
between sessions.  I assumed that 'Set manually' and 'Set from the
network' are merely there to correct any drift - am I wrong?

> I'm pretty certain the problem is not PandaRO specific and appears to
> be a RISC OS 5 - NetTime/FreeTime problem.

> Other options are: contact the authors of NetTime and/or FreeTime. or
> ROOL via their forums.

NetTime works for ARMiniX users, so I see no point in pursuing other
avenues.  It's either a PandaRO problem or something wrong here - does
it work for other PanaRO users or not?

> You did mention you have carried some things over from your Iyonix and
> PandaLand.

Everything now Pandaboard-specific as far as I'm aware.

Chris.