[oz-food] Re: First time cabbage rolls?

  • From: Chilecayenne <chilecayenne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oz-food@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 07:25:11 -0600

That sounds like something I’d like too!!!

———————————————-I need a shot of salvation baby, once in awhile...

On Dec 7, 2022, at 1:21 AM, Susan Yuen <susan.yuen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Kelly,
The cabbage rolls I make are a lot simpler.  Just some minced beef or pork with some sliced shrimp (optional) and water chestnuts - similar to a wanton or gyoza (dumpling) filling.
We put the meat into the boiled cabbage leaves, then steam the parcels for about 10 minutes.
So it is like a dumpling but using the cabbage leaves instead of wanton or gyoza skins.
Susan
On Wed, 7 Dec 2022 at 11:51, Chilecayenne <chilecayenne@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For the life of me, I don’t remember fixing cabbage rolls before, if I did, was maybe only once.

I did these without a recipe, just kinda made it up.

Basic slightly spicy red gravy (marinara) sauce with a bit of creole seasoning.

Stuffing was 99% keto…couple farm eggs, organic ground pork, organic green onion sausage…a bit of red onion, and touch creole seasoning.

I put in just a tiny bit or cooked quinoa I needed to use up.

Baked in oven at 350F for about 1:20 …

I’ll do this again, good stuff!!

Held together great!!!
<image0.jpeg><image1.jpeg><image2.jpeg><image3.jpeg>

———————————————-I need a shot of salvation baby, once in awhile...