Re: how to monitor the progress of inserts

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MGogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 14:53:11 -0700

As Niall demonstrated so beautifully, there are no relational rules when
it comes to v$ views (actually the x$ "tables" upon which the views are
built).
As to V$SESSION_LONGOPS being inaccurate, cryptic and useless, I can't
follow you there. I don't find them any more cryptic than any other
table or view and within the confines of being an estimate, I find them
remarkably accurate and extremely useful in gaging eta of a process - or
detecting escalating deterioration which is a very useful observation in
its own right.

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling