Re: how to monitor the progress of inserts

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:59:00 -0500

Juan,

Don't you think it would be easier to use dbms_application_info and
set the number of records in ACTION column? no worries with autonomous
transaction, dbms_output etc. Plus you have a chance to have your
application well behaved and instrumented. Someone might even thank
you for it later. 8:)

Then it it remains is select from v$session ... sounds good??
As for I am concerned, my processes are pretty much verbose, they tell
me exactly what I want to know. But we are talking about the question
from the original poster.

Raj