Re: how to monitor the progress of inserts

  • From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sonja.sehovic@xxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:53:30 -0400

Hi in 10g is automatic, In 9i I never tried but enablig monitoring to
the table, it will update statistics, of deletes and inserts, but
maybe will need to comit.

If it not works you can try a t rigger updating a a temporary table,
per statement, not per row.

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 10:30:11 -0500, Mladen Gogala
<mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sonja =C5=A0ehovi=C4=87 wrote:
>=20
> >Hi!
> >
> >Oracle 9.2.0.4 on AIX 5.2
> >We are nserting large amonts of data in one session without commiting =
=3D
> >because of business reasons.=3D20
> >So, I'm wondering is there a way to monitor progress of this inserts?
> >

>=20
> Sonja, you can use autonomous transactions to establish a counter which
> will commit separately,
> as the transaction is progressing. You will know that you are successful
> when queries start returning
> with  ora-1555.
>=20
> --
> Mladen Gogala
> Oracle DBA
> Ext. 121
>=20
>=20
> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
>=20

--=20
Oracle 9i,10g Certified Professional
Experience on Orace 7,8i
Developer 6i Certified Professional

8 years of experience in Administration, developing and design