Re: RMAN - Local vs. central backup script

  • From: Alexander Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 22:47:08 +0100

Dennis,
If you are on RAC, than running RMAN locally requires one more
functionality - checking that you are not running backups in parallel.
At least, we are taking care of it in our RAC environment where we
schedule it via cron. However, we intend to move backups to our
standard cenralized job management sytem.
Cheers,
Alex

--
Best regards,