Re: a quick poll regarding the 11gR2 OFA

  • From: "S. Anthony Sequeira" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 17:41:19 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, May 11, 2010 17:10, japplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Tony,
>
> Hmmm, haven't even bothered to look at how 11g installs yet - waiting for
> another release or two of 11gR2 before we "extreme trailing edge" give it
> a go.

You're in for a treat..

> I'm ornery enough to take it on as a challenge.  If I can't get the 11g
> install to do what I want, I'll just thwart it's evil intent with symlinks
> - love 'em, love 'em, love 'em.  "Age and treachery will always prevail
> over youth and enthusiasm."     :^)

Symlinks are an answer, however, you do know that logs are now in the
diagnostic area, and are XML?  You do still get plain text logfiles, but I
believe they are deprecated, you'll need to use adrci to look at
diagnostic log files now (or EM console).

I did have the same reaction as you, but my tiime was limited, and I bowed
to the inevitable and used the Installer defaults, change at your peril,
you have been warned.

Age, well I have lots of that, I'm probably a DBA version 0.00001.

--
Tony