Re: a quick poll regarding the 11gR2 OFA

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:14:23 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Jack,

> /oracle
>         /admin
>                 /SID1
>                 /SID2
>         /oradata1
>                 /SID1
>                         /arclogs
>                         /redologs

My only concern with this is the need for a DBA to be in the admin directory
(e.g. log and trace viewing), which is under the same /oracle dir as the
data directory.  Thus, my preference of the somewhat goofy "orafra",
"oractl", etc. naming -- there's less chance of confusion as to what dir one
is in or heading to.

It's minor, what with prompts being set to include PWD and all (and I
colorize mine as well!), but I'm paranoid.  And that's twice as bad as being
singleoid.  :)

Rich