Re: To ODA or Not?

  • From: George <georgelza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 07:38:09 +0200

Mark

Ye RAC One goes from single instance to RAC to single instance.
As such the instance names on the different nodes differ,

where as if you did yourself then you would first shut it down on the first
node and then start on the second node, You would also use a VIP referred
to as a App Vip.

--
You have the obligation to inform one honestly of the risk, and as a person
you are committed to educate yourself to the total risk in any activity!

Once informed & totally aware of the risk,
every fool has the right to kill or injure themselves as they see fit!