Re: To ODA or Not?

  • From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:22:15 -0700

HI Mladen,
Thank you for this information. This helps.  As far as the redo logs, if
you put them on the flash storage drive does that help with concerns to the
snapshots?
I am still unsure how the snapshot technology works on the ODA. Is it
similar to NetApp and using SnapManager for Oracle which basically puts all
the tablespaces in backup mode and then "snaps" the volume and then puts
the tablespaces out of backup mode?