RE: OpenWorld

  • From: Mark Bobak <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:58:10 -0400

Thanks for bringing that up, Joel.

As one of the co-directors of the MOTS event, I'm sure you'll understand my
totally unbiased opinion on this subject.  :-)

 - We have 20+ speakers speaking in three tracks, over two days.

 - All speakers are OakTable members, and many are also ACEs or ACE
Directors.

 - Ann Arbor in mid-September is beautiful

 - If you play your cards right, you may be able to join us for the U of M
football game at the Big House on the Saturday (the 18th) following the
event.

 - This is, by far, one of the the most cost effective events around.  A two
day, three-track event, with world class speakers, for $750 and hotel rates
that are *much* lower than downtown SF.

See here for our promotional video:
http://vimeo.com/14334121

See here for full details, including speaker list, complete agenda, costs,
registration, etc:

http://michigan.oaktable.net/

(Fair warning, there have been a couple of late breaking agenda changes
which are not yet reflected online.  They should be available by tomorrow
night at the latest.)

Hope to see everyone there!

-Mark

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:03 AM

To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: OpenWorld

There is an opportunity for training, offsite training also.  I was

thinking OpenWorld could work just as well if not better.   I need to

write up justification and benefits for the training.   I will have to

look at MySQL here shortly I believe for backup/recovery.

Can anyone comment on whether OpenWorld would be just as good if not

better than a 'course' out there.  (I have not really gotten what I

wanted out of a lot of courses at oracle itself).

If so, then why?

Thank you,

Joel Patterson

Database Administrator