Re: OpenWorld

  • From: Dave <david.best@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:37:01 -0400

I think it depends on if you are a senior or junior DBA.

If you are junior DBA then I think courses are better.   It gives you
more exposure, more hands on, instructor one-on-one,etc.

If your a senior DBA then I think conferences are better.    At that
level you are able to learn on your own.  I find that conferences
provide me with exposure to a wider range of subjects, which is enough
to kickstart me in the right direction.    As for Joe's comment, I
haven't been to IOUG so I can't compare.  However, I would say based
on the feedback I have heard from last years Openworld unconference
sessions,  they were really good and may fill the gap.