Re: OpenWorld

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:51:45 +0100

Bias out of the way upfront - I sincerely hope as an Oakie that MOTS
succeeds. I'm not able to go but that's my bias.

Anyway the promo video http://vimeo.com/14334121 that Mark refers to makes
the rather excellent point that MOTS costs 1/3 of the price of OpenWorld. So
if your boss has an engineering bent they'll be impressed that MOTS provides
higher quality at a 1/3rd of the price in 1/2 the time of Open World.
(Normally it's perm any two from three). I imagine it's about 1/3rd of the
price of a single training course as well and covers a much wider range of
subjects.

As a long standing User Group member I think Kellyn's remark about the
networking opportunities (or class reunion as she put it) is worth
mentioning as well. We all learn better from our peers and face to face
interaction than from webinars and the like. I don't know how well the
networking think works at OOW - large pool of people good, but too many
people might be bad.

cheers
Niall

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM, <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks everyone,
>   I have been to Orlando OUG.  I'm convinced that MOTS or OOW, or other
> OUG is the way to spend my training money.   Now I need to create a
> convincing justification so.   I have presenters, (for not OOW I have
> price), many more subjects, more knowledgeable instructors.
>
> I'll ramrod this through either way, but sales is not my forte, so...
> good justification one liners eh?  If not, ok.  Thanks for the input
> thus far.
>
> Working on my English,
> :)
>
> Joel Patterson