RE: Back and a Question

  • From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Anjo Kolk" <anjo.kolk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:37:03 -0400

I can tell you from Xerox's standpoint that we are taking security very
seriously. We have both the internal and external audits done on
quarterly basis and various reports are looked at by the auditors to
make sure that we are not violating any security policy. So far we are
relying on database auditing and the 11i application auditing and
reports are generated from these tools and presented to the auditors. We
are not using any external tool so far.

Amir
________________________________

                                From: "Anjo Kolk" <
anjo.kolk@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:anjo.kolk@xxxxxxxxxxx> >
                                So I made it back on the list, I have a
question for you all about DB security. There seems to be a lot of talk
about DB security, but not a lot of action. Is that true, and if it is
true why don't customers act? There are products out there to check for
DB security, how are they doing? Does any body on this list use them?

                                Please share your thoughts and comments,

                                --
                                Anjo Kolk
                                Owner and Founder OraPerf Projects