Re: Back and a Question

  • From: David Aldridge <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 15 Aug 2006 13:03:01 -0700
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:00:57 -0600

Tsh, is there any lie that those operations people won't tell in order
to keep us out of their sandbox?

Seriously though, I don't think that SOX is that detailed, and I don't
believe any STIG is either. It sounds like that rule is more along the
lines of an _interpretation_ of the regulations, or a quoting of the
regulations to justify a rule (depending on your degree of cynicism).

ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I did DOD befoer this. I am doing financial now. The federal government actually passed security laws for financial companies as part of Sarbanes-Oxley(SOX). I was told by operations that one of the rules is that development cannot have access to production data. That is a problem for production support when you get data issues.

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l