RE: Training

  • From: "Dan Tevelde" <dan.tevelde@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:54:48 -0500

One of my friends just got a used optacon and she has never used one.  I got
it working and found a sample document to read but the pins only showed
straight up and down lines.  I haven't used an optacon for many years so I
wondered if I can still learn to use it or if the one I tried isn't working
correctly.  I was able to adjust the intensity and threshold but the
appearance of the machine looked odd it had wheels on it and I had to roll
the dispay part oout of the main unit to read.  I've never seen something
like that before.  I would like to help my friend learn but I don't know
where to start.  I've also considered getting an optacon but if all I can
get is vague lines when I read I'm not sure it is worthwhile.
I'm sure I could use it there was a flip chart at work yesterday which I
could have tried to read.  If anyone has any ideas on how to help me or my
friend let me know.  Also, where do I find the model number of the machine?

Dan