[optacon-l] Re: Training

  • From: "Dan Tevelde" <dan.tevelde@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 07:54:05 -0600

I used an optacon 30 years ago and have considered getting another one.  I'm
in the Chicago area and would be curious if there are any other people on
this list in the area I could meet with to try an optacon out to see if it
would still be useful.
I'm aware of several research projects to produce graphics displays
including a new company in Israel Tactile World.  They exhibited at ATIA.
If anyone is interested their website is www.tactile-world.com.  I know this
is a bit off topic but the information I'm passing along is about graphical
displays which are the things we want.

Dan