[optacon-l] Re: Training

  • From: "Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:13:09 -0600

Hi, Dan,

    I'm not in Chicago, either, but I went about 12 years without using an
optacon. When I finally had mine repaired and tried reading with it again,
it was as if I'd never stopped using it.

    I went to the Tactile World website, and their display sounds really
interesting. The disappointing thing, though, is that it doesn't have nearly
as many pins as the optacon tactile array. It would be wonderful if  we
could interest a company like this in designing a new optacon along the
lines that Jim Bliss has described.

Regards,
Paula Muysenberg

ATIA.