[opendtv] Re: White paper from CEA

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:39:23 -0400

Dale Kelly wrote:

>Bert wrote:
>

>>When reasonably priced and good recording devices with integrated ATSC
>>

>receivers become available, such as DVDRs or maybe PVRs with 5th gen LG or
>better receiver, which make use of PSIP, of course that's what I'd buy.
>
>I believe that Zenith introduced such a product last year. However, their
>web page indicates that no STB DVR is currently available.  The big surprise
>was that no STB HDTV receiver is available.

They are selling one in OZ.

T3 Gadget Mag page 9 October issue.

"When too much TV is never enough, you need the LST-5402P from LG: a
hard disk recorder with a whopping 250GB drive. Why so big, Grandma? All
the better to record crystal clear pictures from its twin HDTV tuners
with, my dear. You can fit 40 hours of high definition footage on there,
or 80 of standard fare, and with the ability to record two channels at
once, time shifting and picture in picture features, and a digital HDMI
output, the LST5402P offers serious performance for the money. But if 15
large is ones is still too rich for you, there's also a 160GB version
available for $200 less. RRP $1499 {250GB}"

So why not here where they have no royalties to pay???

Bert says, "When reasonably priced and good recording devices with
integrated ATSC receivers become available,"

When? Why not now?

Bob Miller