[opendtv] Re: Qualcomm on Channel 55

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:26:33 -0400

OTA needs all the help it can get. Mobile, low cost receivers and AVC
that is 2X MPEG2 IMO minimum and has room to grow.

The mish mash that we have, 8-VSB, no mobile, iffy portable, non
competitive codec, receivers that can not handle AVC. What a mess and as
always I say why? What is the upside of all this pain?

Bob Miller