[opendtv] Re: Qualcomm on Channel 55

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:35:45 -0400

Most of the boxes is OZ are SD. The same could be said for any country
that is now doing SD. Replace the boxes and you can do HD. The UK will
change to 8K since most of the receivers sold will support this. But
they will not support HD. So they could just replace the boxes same as OZ.

Regions are not the problem. The region Europe does not keep a country
from doing HD with DVB-T as France will commence doing this year or
early next. The only problem is if a country has started doing SD and
then wants to do HD and some or all of the receivers do not support HD.
Most receivers in OZ do not support HD. Same problem no difference.

Bob Miller