[opendtv] Re: Punching Above Its Weight, Upstart Netflix Pokes at HBO - NYTimes.com

  • From: Mike Tsinberg <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 15:58:49 +0000

Historically CE vendors are very slow to adopt new connectivity technologies
and they NEVER talk to each other so each has a local implementation. None of
the CE “agreed” upon standards are barely used – CEC/ARC HDMI are latest
examples. There always will be opportunistic content providers outside TV set
that will use all kind of STB and connectivity to display: Apple TV, Roku and
Cable/Satellite STB.

Best Regards,
Mike Tsinberg
http://keydigital.com<http://keydigital.com/>