[opendtv] Re: Off topic: Researchers uncover potent greenhouse gas

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:31:46 -0400

Don't like this one. Hard to read like the second sentence. "Kyoto is
a European treaty with one dozen others, none of whom is in fact
presently reducing its emissions."

What do we have here, 13 European treaties not reducing their
emissions? I didn't know treaties had emissions. And "whom" refers to
a human not a treaty or a nation if that is what he meant.

And I really don't like to read a writer who probably is smart enough
to know that while Clinton signed the Kyoto Protocol it is symbolic
until ratified and President Bush has to submit it to Congress for it
to be ratified and Bush has refused to submit it for ratification for
eight years because China and India are not treated the same as the
US. The writer then blames falsely the "Ergo, the (Democratic) Senate
is blocking Kyoto. Gosh."

This is for two year olds. Embarrassing for all related to said
writer. Basic dishonest writing or the writer is ignorant. I usually
give such a writer the benefit of the doubt and consider them
dishonest. Maybe you made a mistake listing this article.

Their "Myth 9" is either over my head or is talking in some kind of
code. Makes no sense to me.

"Myth 8" ? seems to making up his own myths.

Myth 3 for instance, "Climate was stable until man came along". Where
did he get that chestnut? Who says that is true? He makes this up so
he can shoot it down? Straw man BS?

You don't take someone like this writer seriously?

Bob Miller