[opendtv] Re: News: No End in Sight to Supply of Cheap TV's

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:59:41 -0500

I said "easy consumer" replacement.  I've seen the hack sites that will sell
you replacement batteries and instructions.  But it's not a simple "remove
screw, remove cover, unplug battery, reverse to reassemble" process, any
more than adding more capacity to a TiVo is.  Can it be done?  Sure.
Easily?  Maybe to you and me, but not to Aunt Emily.

And for today's television sets, there's usually a specific button press
sequence on the remote to put the set into factory alignment mode, then you
can play with size, pincushion, etc. to your heart's content.  Codes can be
found on the web.

John