[opendtv] Re: News: Disney Doesn't Seek Ownership Rule Revise

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:27:46 -0400

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> Seems to me that you are the addict. I stopped being addicted to
> Prime TIme network programming in the '80s.

If I'm the addict, how come you're the one paying for TV reception and
I'm not?

But on a more serious note, OTA TV now has roughly 15 percent of
households that "depend" on it, and roughly 30 percent of TV viewing
overall is from an OTA source. Given that virtually all households have
TV, but not virtually all households have PCs, this level of use of OTA
TV is many times higher than use of Apple computers.

So, given that OTA TV is far more popular than Macs, why aren't "we"
finally putting Apple out of its misery?

Oh, maybe "we" are. After all, with their shift to Intel, the writing on
the wall is clear enough. Sorry for the diversion. I answered my own
question.

Fundamentally, I find it understandable for the networks to adjust their
businesses as they see fit. But I do get torqued when other parties, CE
vendors, politicians, industry scribes, and retailers, seem to conspire
to shape the marketplace. I get torqued because I figure they must be in
bed with someone. Either that, or just happy to get raped.