[opendtv] Re: New PrimeDTV PHD-100 OTA STB

  • From: "Albert Manfredi" <bert22306@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:09:46 -0500

Richard Hollandsworth wrote:

>In the dozens of spec sheets and app notes that I've read,
>I've never seen a separate RF/IF Tuner Module just for NTSC.
>They all show a common RF/IF Tuner.

Even so, it seems that if nothing else, two demods operating at the same IF
can create leakage. But also, as long as NTSC is still on the air, and as
long as we see evidence of co-channel interference between NTSC and ATSC
stations that are not adequately separated, it seems that a combined
ATSC/NTSC receiver would be more vulnerable to self noise than an ATSC-only
receiver.