[opendtv] Re: My Jax clear QAM HD went away

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:41:34 -0400

Well, free was a poor choice of words, but the point is that the additional transmission is taking up space and they are getting no revenue from it. They will continue to need the STB for upper tier services. Free QAM seems to me to be a net loser for the cable companies, and most consumers are not using it even if they have QAM tuners in their sets. Most either watch analog channels or use the STB for the digital version.

Leonard Caillouet
5535 SW 98th Terr
Gainesville, FL 32608
352-367-1075 home