[opendtv] Re: My Jax clear QAM HD went away

  • From: colejd@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:26:26 +0000 (UTC)

I am sure Tom will report back that the QAM moved to a new frequency. Comcast
has been doing frequency realignments for all of it's services as part of the
Cavalry project. Notifications are not sent for these that do not affect analog
moves. The digital ones, are only noticed by the very small number of clearQAM
users. Those with STBs do not see these changes. A re-scan corrects these
moves.

FCC requirements does not require digital carriage if analog is available. If a
cable company does have analog and HD-digital, charging for the HD version is
allowed. Comcast has a policy of not encrypting the broadcasters, either way.