[opendtv] Re: My Jax clear QAM HD went away

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 19:23:27 -0400

The funny thing is that for many years prior to becoming an HDTV
hobbyist I had pretty much stopped watching TV except for the business
news, since I was then doing a lot of stock & option trading.

HDTV and digital TV got me watching again and even working in the
business until last summer.  But the rising costs, recent recording
inconvenience, and copy protection efforts in general have made my
interest wane somewhat.  If I can get PBS Newshour on my computer with
an antenna (likely) then I may just go back to ignoring the rest and let
the TV industry head off without me.

I am not asking for anything for free.  I can do without it and have
done so before.

And if I want it for free there are always the incentives to (legal &
illegal) downloading awaiting.  I never watch anything live anyway.
Note it was over a week before I even noticed my recordings weren't working.

- Tom