[opendtv] Re: Mobile use

  • From: cooleman@xxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 20:34:01 +0200

Yup, but correspondents are moved over to ip compressed audio systems. Analog music lines have been phased out by telco's, I am sure ISDN STLs are out or on their way out as well. Many countries have no or limited ISDN availability, you are only able to use it from the 'office' not in the field. Voice actors were among the first to use it, I am sure with established infrastructure they will be among the last. But for instance printers here all used to have a dedicated call-in line for people to drop their print files, all gone, as have rewritable optical discs.

I have noticed the return to the man on the phone in  newscast, away from ISDN, but more noticable also away from video two-ways or stand-ups.

Quoting Don Moore <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

ISDN is still big in California. Professional voice actors are big users
there and the monthly costs are very low in comparison to the rest of the
United States.

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 12:50 PM, <cooleman@xxxxxx> wrote:

ISDN has all but disappeared.