[opendtv] Re: Invention: The TV-advert enforcer

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 23:05:39 -0400

But wait, there's more!

Imagine ABC & NBC with their clever counterprogramming strategies=20
against PVR's and competitors where they run their popular shows over=20
the hour by a few minutes.  Now they can make that part non skippable.

In fact, all networks could extend each hour show with a trailing 15=20
minutes of nonskip ads.

And think of the clever things infomercial and televangelist channels=20
could do turning their channels into an advertising fly-trap for unwary=20
channels surfers.  Just touch on the channel and you are stuck there for =

the rest of the hour.

And imagine when consumers figure out that, Tivo bedamned, the only way=20
to avoid being stuck in commercials is to download the pirated versions=20
of the shows from the net.

But as you said, maybe it was a joke and we just didn't get it.  ;-)

- Tom