[opendtv] Re: Invention: The TV-advert enforcer

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:18:35 -0400

Bert,

What if the Broadcasters, mean and greed lot that we are, got the FCC to
mandate Philips "TV-Advert Enforcer" chip to be installed in all TV sets,
STBs, and recording devices?  Who are you going to buy your television from
then?

Lest you think this is far-fetched, I simply point to the Broadcast Flag.

John