[opendtv] Re: Invention: The TV-advert enforcer

  • From: Jeroen Stessen <jeroen.stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:54:09 +0200

Hi guys,
John Shutt:
> Say it ain't so, Jeroen!

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn9011&feedId=online-news_rss20

I saw it also at:
http://www.newscientisttech.com/article/dn9011-invention-the-tvadvert-enforcer.html

It seems to be so, John. And this message is going like a rash over
many forums, provoking 100s of remarks like yours. My own reaction
was that maybe we patent this sort of thing to prevent ANYONE from
ever implementing it. Sometimes patents are used for just that, and
I can only pray that this is one of those cases.

You want me to ask the inventors ? (BCc: , if you guys feel like it.)

BTW this Brian Fox is known for writing negatively about Philips,
though in this case I can imagine why you would bring on the tar and
feathers...

Brian Park:
> In our house we use the mute key at nearly every commercial break

Hey, if we can block your channel change buttons then we can also
block your mute button and your off button. We can even increase the
volume and the contrast, and turn on the AmbiLight for you. Make you
enjoy all the commercials at optimum intensity for maximum effect.
And then you gotta buy a key from us to unlock this new feature...

And that was a joke.   ;-)

Greetings,
-- Jeroen

| From:     Jeroen H. Stessen   | E-mail:  Jeroen.Stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx |
| Building: SFJ-5.22 Eindhoven  | Deptmt.: Philips Applied Technologies |
| Phone:    ++31.40.2732739     | Visiting & mail address: Glaslaan 2 |
| Mobile:   ++31.6.44680021     | NL 5616 LW Eindhoven, the Netherlands |