[opendtv] Re: Invention: The TV-advert enforcer

  • From: "Albert Manfredi" <bert22306@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:27:16 -0400

Tom Barry wrote:

>How clever!
>
>I suggest they do this with all their TV's and PVR's, but
>use their patent to ensure nobody else does.  And of
>course advertise this wildly.
>
>It will be interesting to see how well that works.  ;-)

I practically fell off my chair laughing after reading about this clever
patent idea. I'd check and make sure the date of filing isn't April 1.

Next thing you know, Good Year will go for a patent on tires that skid
easily. If the customers were body shops or insurance companies rather than
car owners, I suppose there would be some logic behind such an idea.

So who would Philips be looking to sell to? If it's TV consumers, why would
Philips make the job so much easier for all their CE vendor competitors?
Inquiring minds would love to know!

And where is the FCC with their "more control in the hands of consumers"
mantra?

Incroyable!