[opendtv] Re: Invention: The TV-advert enforcer

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "OpenDTV" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:51:21 -0400

Good move. Will they send out open invitations to bittorrent piracy
groups when they put out press releases for this 'feature'?

I also find it interesting that this is getting patented.. NDS showed
this feature almost 8 years ago at NAB as an XTV feature demo. At least
the ads were minimized to PIP (after you had watched them fullscreen 'n'
times). New idea my foot.

Advertisers need to learn that people won't tolerate going back to this.
Look at banner ads and popups...

Cheers
Kon

> If a new idea from Philips catches on, the company may not be very
popular
> with TV viewers. The company's labs in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, has
been
> cooking up a way to stop people changing channels to avoid adverts or
fast
> forwarding through ads they have recorded along with their target
programme.