[opendtv] Re: ConnecTV is bringing ads to TV viewers' mobile devices

  • From: "TLM" <TLM@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 09:53:06 -0800

Somewhat relevant - I recently viewed a popular 30 minute TV show.  I
noticed something like 30% of it being ads that I skipped over (I see the
STB minute counter at the bottom of my screen).  Call it 10 minutes of ads,
or about 1/3rd.  Good thing I had it on the PVR and had a remote in my hand.
I really liked the show.  But I couldn't tell you what was in the ads.  We
probably would have paid extra to watch the show alone, and save space on my
PVR, without the ads.

And a comment about live events: it is invaluable to have the Pause button
during the Rose Parade or the Super Bowl to answer the phone or the front
door or to tell people in the kitchen can you please shut up or take it
outside.