[opendtv] Re: Blue Ray has competition

  • From: "John Golitsis" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:48:24 -0400

So let me get this straight.  You bemoan the lack of Region 2 PAL titles, and
blame this on the region coding scheme?  And you're mad at the world because
NTSC titles are released before PAL titles and sometimes PAL versions are never
released?  And that the consumer electronics manufacturers should have
consulted
you, or the government in your region or something like that, before
implementing regional coding?

And also that you think your 42" plasma is a big screen that could clearly
demonstrate the difference between standard DVB-T and HDTV?  And DVB-T looks so
good to you that you can't imagine HDTV looking better?  Therefore you conclude
that HDTV is unnecessary?

I do say that this could be win the "Silly Rant of the Year" award!