[opendtv] Re: Blue Ray has competition

  • From: "Barry Wilkins" <Barry.Wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:20:09 +1200

Well, yes Frank. I have to agree with all you say. Especially the
release coincidentally around the world for DVDs. I would like to
clarify my point about DVDs. I am not concerned about recent box office
releases. What erks me is that a 20 year old classic movie does not get
released on DVD here for more than 5 years after its US DVD release.
What possible reason have they got for this? It certainly would not
affect their profit, in fact it may enhance it, to release at a singular
time around the globe for old content.

Barry Wilkins