[opendtv] Re: 20050627 Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:46:07 -0400

Multi-must-carry mandated by the FCC would be highly questionable.  But
I'm not so sure about Congress.  Didn't the Supreme Court just (in a
totally unrelated case) just rule favorably for a taking of property
even for commercial purposes by municipalities?

We live in a strange political climate so some of this is very
unpredictable.  I would personally say that MMC is an unlawful taking of
property but I certainly would not bet the farm on it against the
current (or next) Court.

- Tom